Look around you. What makes you look at something for a long time? , TwelveSkip.com
Is it the colorful graphics? Or the cute and trendy fonts? How about the engaging patterns? Or the kind of style? What's with the importance of good website design?
The world of web design is highly competitive. You have to make sure your website stands out.
It is literally a “jungle” out there. You need a good website design to have an effective web marketing.
After browsing reddit.com, I was amazed. It is astonishing that with the introduction of the latest in design tools, the design of reddit still looks far behind. It looks outdated.
The site should have infused some design tools to this website and make it more fascinating and trendy to viewers. I ask myself: “How does this website attract audiences?” The website generates a lot of valuable information; there is no question that it is knowledge-generating.
Many browsers are now adopting the newest standards. The demand for animated and responsive icons and fonts are at its peak. These are vital elements if you want a unique website. An appealing impact can give you a lot of advantages and boost your market profitability.
The Benefits of a Good Website
- Gives spark and edge from other websites
- Increases profitability
- Broadens target market scope
- Increases viewers and followers
- Increases website popularity and branding
- Fastest way to sell goods and products
- Attracts more clients
- Successful websites are based on how they market their websites beautifully. They have a certain design aesthetic.
Effects of a Good Website Design on Mobile
- Alluring and good websites are convenient, simple and effective to reach out to customers who are more mobile than ever.
- It is logical that everyone has mobile handsets. Pages, blogs, contact forms, and email forms are all now can be accessed on mobile.
- Responsive web design makes it easier to engage with the customer who is very proactive and doesn’t have time navigating some website on a desktop.
- It takes just seconds to grab a customer or viewer’s attention to spend time with your website through mobile phones.
- A well-designed site is the one that shows professionalism. This gives you credibility and trust.
- Having a trustworthy website means more clients and visitors which projects “branding”. More viewers, more revenue.
Remember, your design is a piece of a bigger picture. Having a wrong message leads to a wrong target market. The essence? Profit loss. That is how crucial having a beautiful website can be.
Some problems in website [design can result in rejection].
Website Design Problems
1. Inappropriate name for the website. Not naming your website correctly can lead to confusion among your viewers. Their perception may be different [than] what you want them to have.
2. Cluttered and irritating layout. Disorganized layout and distracting graphics can affect your viewer’s mood. Upon looking at your website, the only thing a viewer [can] do is: To stay or to stop.
3. Lack of navigation aids. Without navigational tools, browsing can be difficult. If your website is not user-friendly, most, probably half, of your viewers will get pissed and leave your website. It is important to consider your viewer’s browsing method. Studying these would help a lot.
4. Incorrect use color. Colors set the mood of every beautiful website. If your website uses correct color palette, more viewers will be attracted to it. Colors magnetize viewers to get hooked on your website and let them stay more. Proper color combinations help a lot.
5. Pop up advertisements. Advertisements can be annoying for a viewer. It is irritating to be [concentrating on] reading something from a specific website and, suddenly, something pops out of nowhere. It distracts your viewers.
6. Small text fonts. Reading is not pleasurable if you have a hard time looking at the words which are too small. So make sure proper font sizes and styles [are used].
7. Too much text. A website which has a lot of content can be tiresome for the eyes. It is an overdose of words! Having too [many] paragraphs and long intros can affect [the attention span of your viewer].
What do we really look for in a website?
“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” — Antoine de Saint Exupéry
For web designers, interface designs are given more attention. We are now inside a dynamic and interactive world of communication.
Motion is now utilized to make a simple, flat design interface into a more interactive one.
Moreover, using creative program software like Macaw and Adobe Muse are great help for a website to be truly engaging.
For a website to be responsive, adding animation and images can be very catchy. Research has shown that if there is a delay greater than one second, it may interrupt the user’s train of thought and lead to a poor user experience.
Your website should be engaging enough for viewers [to be hooked and] stay for a longer time.
Tips for Responsive Website:
1. Colorful Templates. A colorful template gives viewers an tantalizing effect. The more you stare, the more you want it.
2. Simple Layout. Simplicity is elegance. No matter how simple your design is, mixing with creative patterns like a paisley design, for example, can be appealing to your viewers. It can soothe their minds. As a result, viewers can focus more and spend more time on your website.
3. Clear Image Resolutions. Images with crisp and high resolution are more appealing to visitors of your website. Content paired with images convey an effective message delivery.
4. Interactive Interface. Websites with interactive interfaces are more efficient and highly helpful for visitors. They would tend to enjoy and explore your website more.
5. Mobile Accessibility. More and more people now are engaging [with] mobile phones and tablets. Mobile browsing is now the name of the game. Having a website accessible through smartphones would be [a] great help for consumers and visitors.
6. Content Power. A website that educates and informs is more preferred by visitors and viewers. Non-informative and non-interactive websites can be very boring. Few visitors will come [back] to check your website. [This could] lead to the “death” of your website. Make sure they get more than enough information on your website.
7. Pick the Right Website Host. Having a good and dynamic host is very important. Traffic and interruptions are the causes of information flow backlog. Messages are delayed and that leads to loss of a client or a viewer. Getting the best website hosting is a must.
Factors in Web Design
According to an article from Forbes.com, [three factors are important in web design].
- Responsive design
Simplicity comes in different forms. Having simple lines and outline give a classy and edgy look to your site. Storytelling is recreating the scene making the images and pictures come to life. Responsive design is the process of creating websites that provide maximum viewing experience, such as easy reading and navigation. Manipulating the web could be a different matter. Inconsistent window widths, screen resolutions, and typography - among others - are but a few of the things we can’t hold on to when we negotiate and publish our work.
Some examples of beautiful responsive websites:
Website creation can be rigorous. It is like designing a house. Everything involves a lot of processes and phases. Creative decisions include colors combination, layout, interfaces and other attributes, considering the way users and viewers would move through it. The overall aesthetic of a website has one goal: It should look good but should also have content. A great website design will manifest trust and lead viewers to take a move.